MallinCam SolarCam 8
The MallinCam SolarCam 8 video imager is the newest in the SkyRaider family of astronomical video cameras. It includes the very latest Sony Starvis sensor to deliver the increased sensitivity needed for astronomical observation and imaging of the Sun. The New SolarCam 8 is ready for the most demanding applications in video astronomy, excelling at live observing and imaging of solar system objects. The MallinCam SolarCam 8 is the most versatile video / imaging camera ever created for computer use. All solar system targets can be observed live while images are captured or while video is recorded simultaneously.
The MallinCam SolarCam 8 utilizes a 2.90 effective square megapixel, ceramic CMOS sensor. The sensor is a 1/1/2" type and measures 12.8 mm diagonally. The camera delivers 8.4 M pixels high resolution images using solar telescope types. Optional standard focal reducer or Barlow can be used to further increase the field of view or increase magnification needed for those spectacular large astronomical objects.
- IMX485LQJ1 Industrial Ceramic CMOS sensor (sensor specs click here)
- No "Newton Rings"
- Flame-Fusion Glass used throughout
- Back Illuminated Class 1 CMOS sensor
- Support 4K resolution
- Total Pixels 8.5 M pixels
- Active Pixels 8.4 M pixels
- Passive Fan Cooled
- Free Software, Free Updates
- T Mount to 1.25" C Mount (Adapter Included)
- Now With Digital Binning of 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8
- Star Registration System for Live Stacking on the Fly
- Ideal for all Motorized Alt-Az mounted telescopes
- Support and includes Full Trigger Mode
- Image Format: FITS, JPEG, BMP, PNG
- Video Format: SER and AVI
- 12.8 mm diagonal
- Number of effective pixels 3864 (H) × 2180 (V)
- Transfer method: All-pixel scan
- Full HD
- Hand Selected sensor class 1 Scientific grade
- Guiding: ST4 protocol
- All Aluminum construction, precision CNC machining
- Hand crafted electronics assembly.
- 315 grams / 11.10 oz.
- 75 mm length X 68 mm
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- SolarCam 8 Camera Body
- One USB 3 cable, 5 meters (15 feet),
- One Guiding cable
- T mount to 1.25" adapter included,
Manual: Click Here
899.99 U.S. funds