The MallinCam SkyRaider DS432c/mTEC is Here at Last... In Limited Production.
The New MallinCam SkyRaider DS432 is here at last. A video / imager with sensitivity high QE never seen before from anyone in the industry. Equipped with the new Sony Industrial IMX432 high performance CMOS sensor, sensitivity has now been made possible to match and surpass CCD sensors on the market today. Having 9.0 X 9.0 microns pixels just like professional cameras, this new deep sky camera is a must of own for those who likes few seconds exposure to get their favorite deep sky targets live on the screen or to take pictures as well and, or, video of their observations.
The cooling system is the same as our other SkyRaider (DS10cTEC, DS16cTEC) cooled camera. MallinCam has successfully design a cooling chamber called refrigeration cooling - which subjects the CMOS sensor to cooling inside a triple sealed vacuumed sensor chamber controlled with a heating element mounted around the internal optical window to control and avoid dew formation on the optical window and surroundings. A vacuumed sealed chamber is used to eliminate the use of desiccant material and keep dew free environment permanently.
The Sony IMX432 CMOS sensor is industrial grade and made to work at 100% duty cycle making this CMOS sensor last for a very long time and run all night of imaging performance. It is available in color or monochrome
for the purist who demand mono performance and increase sensitivity. The IMX432LLJ and IMX432 LQJ have a diagonal of 17.6 mm (Type 1.1) CMOS active pixel type solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array and 1.78 M effective pixels. This chip features a global shutter with variable charge-integration time. Class 1 CMOS sensor is standard with this camera.
Each camera is subjected to a 24-hour burn-in prior to being ready for shipment to insuring proper operation. It is these details that set MallinCam apart from everyone else.
* Free Software, Free updates
* Convection Cooling
* Refrigeration Chamber
* Vacuumed Sealed Chamber
* Linear Cooling
* Built-in Heater for Optical Window Dew Removal and Chamber Temperature Control
* 100 Pound Chamber Plate Pressure Held with 6- Stainless Steel Screws
* Built-In USB2 hub for Guider, Focuser, Filter Wheel etc.
* Four Blue LED Status Indicators ( power, system, cooler, fan)
* High velocity Ultra Quiet Fan With Dual Air Output
* High Grade Carrying Case
* 4Gb DDR3 Internal Memory for smooth Data Transfer
* Sony IMX432 LQJ color IMX432LLJ mono Class 1 Hand Picked CMOS Sensor (Scientific Grade)
* Pixel Size: 9.0 X 9.0 microns.
* 4910 mv Output color @ f/5.5, 1/30 sec, 8100 mv mono version @ f/5.5, 1/30 sec.
* Spectral Range: 350nm to 1100nm.
* Light Pollution Electronic Removal System using the White Balance Feature
* HCG and LCG Mode (High Conversion Gain, Low Conversion Gain Selectable)
* Correlated Double Sampling
* A high S/N ratio
* 17.6mm Diagonal Sensor Size
* Digital Binning Mode: 1 x 1, 2 x 2, 3 x 3, 4 x 4, All in Color or Mono
* Global Shutter
* Image Format, FITS, JPEG, BMP, PNG
* Full Video Mode: AVI, SER
* Vacuumed (negative air pressured) Sealed Optical Window
* T mount
* USB3 Operation for data and camera control
* One 12 volts dc power cable for cooler
* Precision All Aluminum Construction and Stainless Steel hardware
* 10.0 cm X 8.00 cm (3.93 Inches X 3.14 inches)
* 534 Grams / 1.17 Pounds
* High Speed USB 3.0,
* 5 volts operation @900 ma.
* 12 volts DC Cooling via supplied A/C power supply
Sensor Specs Click Here
Includes, 5 meter (15 feet) USB 3.0 Cable, 2" to T mount adapter, Guiding Cable, 12 volts dc, AC power supply, High Grade Carrying Case, MallinCam Software MallinCam SKY
The MallinCam DS432 is custom built one at a time in small batches on a limited basis. Reserve yours.
Color model: 1499.99 USD
Mono Model: 1499.99 USD