NEW! Now Available as a Complete Observing KIT, MallinCam Micro series camera body, 0.5X Focal Reducer. 4.3" Monitor available as an option.
299.99! US Funds
See Jim Meadows Blog on the MallinCam Micro! Click Here!
Camera outputs analog video
Well suited to observing Solar System Objects
Well suited to observing Deep Sky Objects
"As a finder camera or a starter camera for beginners, this inexpensive little camera packs a punch."
NASA AIMS RESEARCH CENTER CHOOSE MALLINCAM for their Meteorite Detection System. Click Here
NASA CAMS is an automated video surveillance of the night sky to validate the IAU Working List of meteor showers
Image of Messier 42 "Orion Nebula" by Curtis Macchioni (Livermore, California, USA) :
Orion StarBlast Newtonian 6"F/5, Focal Reducer, CLS LP filter, single frame grab, AGC: OFF SENS: 17 sec
The new MallinCam Micro Series camera is a small video ccd camera capable of 1/100,000 all the way up to 17 seconds exposure, making these cameras versatile with many objects to be viewed live on a monitor. The New MallinCam Micro Series video ccd cameras has been custom made to our specifications including several improvements such as:
The Rear section of the camera has five push buttons for easy access to the menu. A RED pilot light is included to prevent loss of night vision of the user. Light weight all aluminum construction, this camera is ideal for a Video CCD Finder System or for a beginner to get their first experience into the world of live video ccd observation (EAA). The camera body is available for purchase separately, or as a package with additional accessories such as C-mount to 1.25" adapter, video/power cable and AC power supply or our new complete Observing Kit
click images below to enlarge
click images below to enlarge
- Up to 17 Seconds exposure
- 85 seconds total exposure with stacking DNR activated
- On Screen Display (OSD): Allowing full control of the camera menu
- Sony sensitive EXview HAD II ccd sensor in a 1/3" format can exceed sensitivity up to 20% more than any similar cameras! ICX672AKA EXview HAD II NTSC only Sensor with micro lens Technology.
- Also available with ICX810AKA (NTSC, when available) or ICX811AKA (PAL, when available) with ZERO amplifier glow and improved colors and image background
- 960H WDR sensor Technology
- Stacking Mode is standard for up to 85 seconds frame average on the fly.
- 32 Bit DSP Micro Processor.
- High Resolution: Up to 700 lines resolution in B/W mode and 650 in Color even in low light condition.
- 3D-DNR: Variable Digital Noise Reduction shows less "ghost" phenomenon on moving object with less noise Produce critical image with less noise under low light condition. In camera image averaging up to 85 seconds when set to 5 frame stacking (NTSC)
- WDR: Combines two fields which high shutter speed exposure are taking in bright light and low shutter exposure into one composite image to help see dark parts and bright parts of a image. This feature can extend shutter speed above 17 seconds without saturation. A MallinCam unique system.
- Day and Night: provide clear images in low light condition. Allow black and white mode and color mode automatically or can be set in either mode manually for greater sensitivity of faint deep sky objects.
- AGC: AGC circuit automatically adjust the incoming signal to proper level. Improves performance in low light condition by increasing sensitivity. Extra gain has been made possible only in the MallinCam MICRO video ccd camera.
- ATW: Auto adjust the white balance or can be adjusted manual.
- BLC: Ability to balance faint object with bright object.
- Full GAMMA selection of 0.3, 0.45, 0.6 and 1.0 range.
- Mirror Function allow image orientation to suite any telescopes.
- Sharpness Control.
- 5.0 ounces! (141 grams)
- And more!
In the box:
Micro Observing KIT: Camera Body, 1.25" Filter Threaded Adapter, 0.5X Focal Reducer with 25 mm Spacer, BNC to RCA Adapter, 25' Power/Video cable, Choice of ICX672 EXview HAD II NTSC CCD Sensor or ICX810 Super HAD NTSC CCD Sensor, 12 volts dc cigarette type adapter.
299.99 US funds.
4.3" Inch color monitor with video recorder built-in available as an option. 169.99 US.
Available for separate purchase: Camera Body Only
- Option #1- Includes camera body only, nothing else. 269.99 US Funds for ICX672AKA EXview HAD II NTSC sensor.
- Option #2 - includes camera body only, nothing else. ICX810 Super HAD II NTSC when available, Micro-Super 269.99 US funds
- Assembled in our Canadian Facility.