MallinCam SkyRaider DS16C
FOR THE BEGINNER, OR FOR THE ADVANCED OBSERVER, THE REAL LIVE VIDEO / IMAGING
EVOLUTION IS HERE! CREATED BY MALLINCAM SINCE 1994!
The New Large Sensor SkyRaider DS16C video/imager/autoguider is the newest in the SkyRaider family of astronomical video cameras. It includes the very latest Large CMOS sensor to deliver the increased sensitivity needed for astronomical observation and imaging. The New SkyRaider DS16C is ready for the most demanding applications in video astronomy, excelling at live observing of deep sky, the Sun (with proper solar filter), and lunar objects . The MallinCam SkyRaider DS16C is the most versatile video / imaging camera ever created for computer use. All astronomical targets can be observed live while images are captured or while video is recorded simultaneously making this newest MallinCam a versatile observing device.
The MallinCam SkyRaider DS16C utilizes a 16.3 effective megapixel, ceramic CMOS sensor of grade 1. The New class 1 Panasonic Color sensor measures 22mm diagonally. The camera delivers high resolution images using all telescope types and a 0.5X two inch focal reducer is available as an option can be used to further increase the field of view needed for those spectacular large astronomical objects. The new sensor has significantly improved sensitivity in the near infrared light region, and it utilizes square 3.80 µm unit pixels with high signal-to-noise ratio.
Using USB3 technology is USB2 reversible, the MallinCam SkyRaider DS16C delivers fast download speeds, near instantaneous to the computer, perfect for displaying live images, capturing long exposure images, or recording video files. A fan assisted passive cooling system ensures sensor temperature stability and super low noise ratio.
The New MALLINCAM SKYRAIDER DS16C camera's Panasonic sensor sensitivity is augmented by incorporating CDS (correlated double sampling) procedures. This feature ensures that the SkyRaider DS16C is perfect for astronomy and other dark field applications, as well as the bright field applications required for lunar, and filtered solar observing. The SkyRaider DS16C camera can be used to replace traditional CCD cameras since its unique features include high sensitivity low noise are found only in this MallinCam model.
By utilizing the MALLINCAMSKY Software application Dark Frame Correction feature, an internal Peltier cooler (TEC) is not needed. This results in the use of only a single cable from the camera to the computer's USB 3.0 port. The Dark Frame Correction feature removes all hot pixels, warm pixels, amp glow and most dark current noise on the fly making this premier astronomy camera the idea choice in the field or in a observatory. The dark frame correction technology has been implemented by MallinCam for all their SkyRaider Series of camera eliminating the need of a Peltier cooler.
Among other advanced features, a Star Registration System for stacking live images has been implemented. Taking images with super short exposures with a ALT-AZ motorized mount telescope is now possible while keeping stars aligned.
The Technology in the MallinCam SkyRaider DS16c Sensor is from Panasonic Technology makers of the most advanced CMOS sensors. CLICK HERE
MallinCam introduce technology to the SkyRaider DS16c Astronomical Camera with global shutter sensor.
What is Global Shutter and why it is so important? Click Here to see example of moving object
The MallinCam DS16c Panasonic CMOS sensor use the Babinet - Beam Propagation Method (BPM) calculation
A numerical analysis technique in electromagnetics for solving the Helmholtz equation under conditions of a time-harmonic wave with a combination of Panasonic patented calculation requiring 1/16 of memory usage compared to FDTD calculation of other cameras on the market requiring 325 time more memory usage and calculation.
You get Panasonic technology in a MallinCam DS16c astronomical video camera. That's why it cost more than others. Its unique to MallinCam.
- Free Software, Free Updates
- T Mount (2" Adapter Included)
- Now With Digital Binning of 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5X5, 6X6, 7X7, 8X8.
- Class 1 Sensor
- Global Shutter
- 12 Bits
- Babinet - BPM Calculation Technology requiring only 1/16 or memory usage
- Star Registration System for Live Stacking on the Fly
- Ideal for Motorized Alt-Az mounted telescopes
- Image Format: FITS, JPEG, BMP, PNG
- Video Format: SER and AVI
- Full Dark Field subtraction on the fly
- Full Flat Field Correction (new)
- Support and includes Full Trigger Mode
- Built-in DDR Memory
- CDS (Correlated Double Sampling)
- 16.3 Mega Pixels Panasonic CMOS ceramic color sensor (mono sensor available)
- 22 mm diagonal
- 17.5 mm Back Focus
- Number of effective pixels 4656 X 3518 (16,379,808 pixels
- Transfer method: All-pixel scan
- Progressive Scan
- Read noise 1.2e @40db gain (mono version)
- Full well is 20ke
- Full HD Support
- Hand Selected sensor class 1 Scientific grade
- Sealed Multi-Coated No IR Optical Window
- Pixel (μm): 3.80 X 3.80 square
- Connectivity USB 3.0 (USB2 compatible at reduced data transfer rate)
- One Cable operation!
- No Need for External Power Supply!
- Sensor Gain: Variable up to 20x
- Sensor G Sensitivity: 2413mv @ 1/30s
- Binning Resolution: : 4640 X 3506, 2304 X 1750, 1536 X 1168
- Sensor: Panasonic v Maicovicon Series Class 1 Astronomical Grade CMOS Sensor
- Size (mm) 4/3", 17.6472 X 13.3228 mm
- Full Scan, Any Size Cropping
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Total Number of Pixels: 16,845,920
- Guiding: ST4 standard protocol
- All Aluminum construction, precision CNC machining
- Hand crafted electronics assembly.
- One USB 3 cable operation,
- 5 meter (15.5 feet) long Premium USB3 cable
- 2" adapter included
- 5 meter long. (15.5 feet long) USB 3 high grade cable
- Weight : 430 Grams (15.16oz)
- Dimension: 3.1 inch diameter, 3-1/4 inch long (78.74 mm, 82.55)
Please Note: Manual is Available from this Site in PDF only. Click Here
There are no printed manual included with the camera.
The MallinCam SkyRaider DS16c color: 1399.99 US funds ON SALE! 999.00USD
The MallinCam SkyRaider DS16m monochrome: 1649.99 US funds ON SALE! 1299.00USD
SEE JACK HUERKAMP TIME LAPSE VIDEO OF THE 2017 August 21 Eclipse Captured with the MallinCam SkyRaider DS16c. Click here.
All Images Below Were Taken by Jack Huerkamp of Louisiana USA Using a Celestron 8" Hyper Star Equipped in ALT-AZ. Image of M57 by David Paul from UK was Taken with a 30" Dobsonian Telescope and a Tom Osypowski EQ platform. (http://equatorialplatforms.com)