New SkyRaider DS287... 525 Frames Per Second!... QE: 95% (red peak)!
See the Latest Review of the DS287c. Click Here
See latest report done with a 10" Dob non-motorized:
November 5, 2019
We met last summer at your Ottawa shop where I bought you a SkyRider 287m camera and a focal reducer.
Since then, I spent some beautiful nights with this camera, at my home in Mayo - Quebec, and I wanted to tell you that this product is really great.
I'm really happy with my choice and I do not think it will be the last camera I will buy from Mallincam.
As I am still in the initiation phase and I am still familiar with the software and image processing, I still wanted to send you a picture of M13 taken with the SkyRider 287m. As you can see, the image is in color but I did not use trichromatic filters to get it. Instead, I used a fake RGB game extracted from the Mallincamsky software to which I added the original image, say the L portion, to make it a LRBG. The acquisition of the film M13 was done quickly from my Dobson 10-inch non-motorized and without the addition of my coma corrector ... The result is rather surprising. Click Here to see image
Although my goal is not to make the image beautiful, but rather to do astrometry or simply recognition and identification with professional catalogs like Aladin, I'm really impressed to see all the power and the versatility of this small camera.
Mayo, Quebec, Canada.
There are few things in life where one must "see it to believe it". The New MallinCam DS287c/m is one of them. Never has an astronomical camera had so much sensitivity that instant, live views could be achieved. MallinCam designed and is producing an astronomical camera that achieves this goal. The new Sony IMX287, industrial CMOS sensor has been introduced by them to dominate the market of high sensitivity low noise, high signal to noise ration sensors. The camera has been designed around this sensor to offer unmatched sensitivity at a reasonable price.
The New MallinCam SkyRaider DS287c/m is perfect for outreach programs at schools, colleges, universities, planetariums, museums, astronomy clubs or for the ultimate in live, personal observing. The camera comes with MallinCamSky software, which allows live stacking (either averaged or additive), dark field and flat field application, gain adjustment and much more for fine tuning the image seen on the computer screen. This allows the camera to perform with stunning sensitivity with very short exposures. The results are hard to believe until seen live on the screen.
The MallinCam SkyRaider DS287 is the most sensitive guider camera ever created. All components are industrial Grade 1 throughout the circuitry and the IMX287 CMOS Industrial sensor is also Class 1. Included with the camera are a 1.25" eyepiece adapter, 2 meter (78”) guiding cable, and a premium 5 meters (16.4’) USB3 heavy duty cable. Frame rate is 525+/- FPS (frames per seconds), making the SkyRaider DS287 the ultimate Planetary, Lunar, Solar (with proper solar filtration) and deep sky camera available. Be ready to be impressed - it’s a MallinCam, the pioneer in live video astronomy.
A great galaxy hunting camera - ideal for super nova search!
- Free Software, Free updates
- Aircraft aluminum construction
- Stainless steel hardware
- Heavy Duty Heat sink for effective heat dissipation
- Cold finger contact to the rear of the sensor to the heat sink
- Latest Technology throughout
- C mount
- Industrial Sony CMOS sensor, IMX287 Series, class 1
- 0.4 MP
- 6.9 x 6.9 micron pixel size
- 1/3” (4.97 x 3.73)
- 720 x 540 resolution
- 17.5 mm Back Focus
- QE 95%+ (tested at 96.2%)
- 525+ FPS (frame per seconds @ 0.100ms exposure, USB3.0 connectivity)
- Noise figure: 1.2e
- Adjustable gain
- Digital Binning , 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 , 4x4
- Live stacking, averaged, or additive, selectable
- Frame alignment on the fly - ideal for ALT-AZ mounted motorized telescopes
- Live Histogram adjustment
- Built-in temperature monitor of the CMOS sensor
- Sharpness feature
- 4584mv @ 1/30s for the color model DS287c
- 7469mv @ 1/30s for the mono model DS287m
- Exposure from 0.100ms to 16 minutes 40 seconds.
- And a whole lot more
DS287c, color model: 389.99 US funds SOLD OUT
DS287m, monochrome model: 389.99 US funds SOLD OUT
- MallinCam SkyRaider DS287 camera body
- 5 meters (15 feet) premium Heavy Duty USB3.0 cable
- Threaded 1.25" eyepiece adapter, C mount
- 2 meters (6.5 feet) Guiding Cable
- Software available for free downloaded from the MallinCam.net Website
Sony IMX287 specification: Click Here
See Jack Huerlamp collection of live images taken with his 102 refractor. Images varies from 150 ms to 3 seconds exposures.
See Jack Huerkamp collection of live images taken with his VRC10 telescope.