At AstroCATS 2016 a few weeks ago on May 21-22 2016 in London Ontario Canada, we sold out of MallinCam SSI cameras. Many people are turning to the superb low noise of the scientific grade sensor in the MallinCam SSIc, SSIm and SSI-L. The new software improvement has really pushed the capabilities of these camera to the next level.
For example the SSI-L now runs much smoother and uses less resources than before. A major overhaul of the software has been done as far as performance is concern. Some of the updates and added features are available at:
New Features are:
1. Add "Averaged" and "Absolute" options for the Stacking function.
2. Add background subtraction function:
Subtract checkbox: Ticked to activate the background subtraction (dark Frame) function.
Substract Background button: Load the background image (dark Frame).
3. Make the parameters Gain, Gamma and Contrast editable by keyboard. And add hotkeys for these three parameters:
4. Move the "Save file" function to the Property tab.
5. Reliability and lower resources improvement.
With these new improvements and low resource usage, the MallinCam Universe, SSIc, SSIm, SSI-L ran perfectly on our NetBook 10.1" with 2g of ram and 32 g of SSD with Windows 10.
If the small NetBook 10.1 can run these cameras flawlessly, just imaging what improvement you will have using a high performance computer!